Written by Megan.
Thank you to Cretia Thompson for sending us this wonderful recipe! We were looking for a new snack and this one totally hits the spot. It is full of healthy ingredients, but it is also sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Note: This is actually supposed to be in the form of bars, but we had a hard time getting it to set right, so we let them set in a muffin tin and that worked great!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 1/4 cups walnut halves
- 1 1/2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup brown rice syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract